COSTA MESA, CA- Family with two children (one two-year-old girl, and one newborn boy) looking for a PART-TIME FLEXIBLE NANNY 24 hours a week. Typically the days needed are Tuesdays and Thursdays during the daytime, and then varied Fridays and or Saturdays depending on their needs. Pay is open, based on experience. Their daughter is very calm, curious, patient and observant. She loves to ask questions; is sweet natured and loves being outside and on the go! She loves books and is speaking in 7-8-word sentences. They live in the Eastside Cost Mesa near walkable stores, parks and library, etc. They are seeking someone who is honest & reliable; nurturing, caring, proactive and engaging; someone who is attentive with great communication skills and willing to have an open dialogue with the parents regarding the children’s needs. They would also love for you to accompany them on a San Francisco trip oncea year over Thanksgiving for the week and potentially Summer vacation as well.
Primary responsibilities include:
Keeping children safe, and clean– for example, never leaving them alone, keeping them strapped in strollers, chairs, and swings, and keeping them protected from the sun and rain, etc.
The care includes, but is not limited to:
• Feeding and changing
• Maintaining proper hygiene for and when handling Emma (such as washing hands and checking for soiled/wet diapers regularly)
• Interactive playtime
• Reading, singing and other activities
• Outdoor walks (weather permitting)
• Trips to local libraries, local playgrounds and other places that are appropriate for the age of children, which may include weekly classes/playgroups. All activities outside of the household are subject to approval
Other responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a regular daily schedule (meals, naps and playtime) and keeping written daily/electronic logs of activities if requested
• Bottle preparation, cooking for The Family (2x per week), and cleaning any feeding/cooking dishes, high chairs and floor around eating area
• Keeping the toys, gear and nursery tidy, including cleaning toys, changing crib sheets and emptying out the diaper pail as needed.
• Laundry for childrens clothes and bedding
• Laundry for the Family’s clothes including kitchen and bathroom towels
• Keeping the kitchen, living room tidy and floors clean, as time permits
• Letting the family know if children are running low on supplies of any kind (diapers, wipes, food, etc.)
• Errands, household organization/ongoing household project assistance, meal prep, grocery shopping, etc. and to be determined daily